The seventh version of the Blade 98 18×20 oozes with control and feel. The V7 is closer to an even balance, compared to the previous model which was a bit more head light, resulting in a higher swing weight of around 330 grams. Fans of the Blade will notice the softer feel and lower stiffness of the frame giving you a better feel on impact. The FeelFlex tech was really enjoyed by our playtesters however we agreed with some other reviews that the racket does well with some added weight in the handle to make it more head light for fast head swing speed. The 18×20 string pattern suits players looking to swing big and want the control from a frame. We recommend a tension range of 42- 48 LBS at high altitude and 40 – 46 at low altitude when using a poly type string for spin potential. Overall a great racket from all areas of the court.
- Dense string pattern provides added stability and classic control
- FeelFlex features proprietary carbon mapping strategically placed throughout hoop for additional flexibility and better connected-to-the-ball feel
- Clean tri-colored design with lime green, black and silver elastic paint
- Top Grip Taper provides better feel for top-hand grip placement
- Reduced spec variance (+/- 5.5 g) for added consistency from frame to frame
- Braided Graphite + Basalt composition improves the flex of a racket to produce enhanced feel and control
- Parallel Drilling provides a consistent, more forgiving string bed response